Sr HR Generalist/Training Coordinator
Prepared By: VP Operations/Admin
Prepared Date: 4/3/13
Reports to: VP Operations/Admin
FLSA Status: Exempt
Approved by: C Carlson
Approved Date: 4/3/13
Individuals with disabilities reaching their fullest potential.
PHILOSOPHIES THAT GOVERN THIS JOB
- We are client focused.
- We pursue the capabilities of each individual.
- We teach appropriate choice and independence.
- We provide an atmosphere free of discrimination, abuse, and neglect.
- We treat individuals with dignity and respect.
- We promote an atmosphere of learning.
GENERAL JOB DUTIES
- Recruit, hire, train, and retain employees
- Develop compensation and benefit packages
- Organize and approve employee leave requests
- Solve major human resource problems such as dispute resolution, harassment or legal issues.
- Work with company management to develop, implement and analyze human resource policies.
- Suggest policies to recruit and retain the best employees and help find ways for current employees to succeed at the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Participate in developing HR’s goals, objectives, and philosophy
- Plans, coordinates and administers Agency policies relating to all phases of personnel activities.
- Develops techniques and procedures for and directs the activities of recruitment, induction, placement, orientation and training (through delegated personnel) to achieve the department objectives.
- Evaluates changing demographic, legal and technical developments in the Human Resources and Developmental Disability fields and develops new programs responsive to such need.
- Compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Establishes uniform employment policies and procedures and confers with managers to discuss improvement of working relationships and conditions.
- Serves as internal consultant advising managers regarding specific personnel problems.
- Initiates and directs surveys related to turnover, wages, benefits, morale and other personnel considerations proactively.
- Prepares Employee Handbooks, Policy Manuals and other information, memos, announcements, newsletters, etc. and distributes them in a timely manner.
- Reviews personnel actions such as merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
- Administers benefit services and programs and other employer-employee programs, including pension and health care plans, credit union, vacation and leave policies, worker's compensation programs, and others.
- Initiates and implements performance evaluation systems for designated areas
- Conducts or reviews exit interviews to determine cause of termination.
- Ensures the security, accuracy and currency of personnel data.
- Maintains professional affiliations as appropriate and participates in professional activities to keep abreast of developments in Agency administration and the Human Resource fields.
- Makes sure drivers meet insurance and other mandated standards.
- Prepare and distribute a monthly training calendar.
- Coordinate the DSP training classes.
- Chair the Training Committee, working with committee members to evaluate
- Review effectiveness of agency training, implementing changes as needed.
- Complete quarterly training cost report
- Maintain training records.
- Teach relevant employee training classes.
- Coordinate employee participation in off-site training events.
- Evaluate trainers, providing them assistance to improve training as needed.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
Complete other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years previous experience in human resources administration – preferably in a for profit organization
- Must be able to articulately communicate in-depth knowledge of business concepts
- Ability to get along with and communicate well with diverse personalities, education levels and backgrounds
- Tactful, mature, sound judgment
- Superior communication skills - verbal and written
- Participative management style
- Advocate of team concept
- Effect-team player
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive
- Comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Resourceful and well organized
- Service oriented, but persuasive, assertive
- Human Resource generalist’s background with broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, benefits, worker's compensation and training and development
- Strong management skills
- Requires quantitative and interpersonal skills normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in order to deal with complex management problems and communicate with managers
- Ability to embrace your Mgr’s sense of humor
- Party planners and people who are in HR because they “like people” should not apply
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary Work involves sitting most of the time. Must be able to finger, grasp, talk and hear. Visual requirements include preparing and analyzing data and figures, computer terminal, extensive reading, or visual inspection. The worker is subject to inside environment conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
500 Anchor Road
Dixon, Illinois 61021
For more details, please contact Jodi Murdock at (815) 288-6691, ext. 227.
Kreider Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Drug Free workplace.